Aussie Enviro was engaged to assist in the clean-up of a heavily contaminated spill site at Algester, Queensland. An emergency situation, we were called on and provided urgent assistance in the supply of our services and expertise to the customer.
The Remediation Works:
- A team of trained personnel, including a project manager, site supervisor, labourers and machine operators
- Excavating the original leak point
- Shoring up of pits to eliminate hazards
- Removal of contaminated oil and water
- Replacement of contaminated fill with clean clay
- Flushing affected stormwater drains
- Erecting safety fences, signage and spreading resident awareness
- Safely managing vehicles and pedestrians with traffic controllers
- Erecting silt fences to minimise erosion
- Spraying of recycled water for dust minimisation
- Providing 24-hour security to the affected site
- Landscaping – turfing, laying concrete, sandstone blocks, etc.
Our staff worked over 80,000 man hours in order to complete the remediation project in line with the client’s safety program. In order to further improve service on this project, Aussie Enviro obtained certification on our QHSE Management System against ISO14001 and AS/NZS4801.